Image Map

Friday, October 19, 2012

A little introduction...

Emily Marie
6.14oz
18 1/2 inches
born on Wednesday 10/10/12 at 12:25pm 

She was off her oxygen on her 3rd day.
 
 Day 2 - Day 6
Getting nice and chunky already!

Her crazy little mohawk!
 I'm already playing dress-up, even if it's just with hats and socks for now!

As you can see, she's already posing in most of her pictures!
Laz's beautiful tattoo he snuck out of the hospital to get to surprise me, that's Emily's first footprint!
 
 October 10th was an interesting day. Laz and I both woke up after only a few hours of sleep to rush over to the hospital at 6:30am for my pre-op before my schedules c-section at 8:30am. And then of course we get informed that I was put on the B list, also known as the "bumpable" list, and my c-section was pushed back 4 times, and I didn't get wheeled into the OR until noon.
Then at 12:25pm our little girl finally came into our lives, 
Emily Marie was finally born and we were both so excited to meet her!
Her belly was a little different than we were expecting. Her stomach, along with her intestines, were outside of her body, and there was also a gap found in her intestines. We were notified of this and she was brought to NICU with Laz to start her treatment. Everyday the amazing staff worked on her and pushed her organs back into her tiny tummy. Emily responded so well that her surgery to fix the gap and close everything up was scheduled for 7:30am Tuesday morning, when she was just 6 days old.
That morning we arrived super early to be with our daughter every step of the way, and  just 90 minutes after the surgery started we got the call that Emily was being wheeled back up to her little room in NICU. She did amazingly well and for the first time ever, our baby had a real belly.
Since her surgery, Emily has been recuperating so well that they lowered her pain medication so she could wake up and play with us. We wash her little face, change her diapers, and her daddy gives her kisses and nosies for hours! Laz is already wrapped around her little fingers.
It's so crazy how just 9 days ago she was still in my tummy, and now I count down the hours until I can get back to the hospital to visit her.
We love her so much already, our little princess!
 
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaay! Your back! I can't tell you enough how absolutely adorable she is! I've only seen pictures with the little hat on but she has a huge head of hair! She is the spitting image of you! I am so happy for you guys!

    Love ya <33333333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congrats! I'm sure that was a very upsetting (the stomach and intestines not being inside her tiny body) but you seem to have coped so well! She's beautiful :) And Emily is a great name for her!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!!! I've been waiting for this post! She is absolutely perfect! Congrats lovebug!!! I can't wait to read post upon post about the little princess :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh she is here!! What an absolute cutie!! congrats you to she is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! She is SO beautiful. Glad she is doing so well and that she is continuing to improve. I have been praying for you guys. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats darling!!! She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! She is just precious!! Cannot wait to see more pics!! Thinking about y'all! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated your blog for The Liebster Award! It's on my blog today.

    Significance or Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just nominated you for the Liebster Award!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation on the birth of your little girl. I can't believe her dad rushed out to get a tattoo of her footprint. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's so beautiful. :) And I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out here-- http://abbeyharris.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award-1.html

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so beautiful! Congrats and I am so glad she's doing well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)