Image Map

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

M&M cookiesss!

Nesting is fun when you have the time to enjoy it. 
Being at work and wanting to craft all day nearly killed me, I kept coming up with Christmas gifts I wanted to make, or sweets I wanted to bake, but was stuck at my desk for 9 hours.
Then by time I could do anything I'd pass out on the couch.
Not very productive.
But nowwww that I have 8 days til the babe comes, I can nest all I want!!!
So today I bring you some yummy M&M sugar cookies...enjoy!

Ok, the real reason behind my baking adventures was this half devoured bag of M&M's.
I didn't want them still lurking around after the baby was born, tempting me to keep this yucky figure.
So I turned them into a few delicious cookies that me and the hubby can enjoy before I go on my post-baby-body regimen!

 Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/4 sticks of unsalted butter  (I use margarine and convert to tablespoons)
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 large eggs
a bunch of M&M's

How to:
First, preheat you oven to 350 degrees.

Then, mix up all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

Next, cream the butter and sugar together, then add the vanilla and eggs.

Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly, til well combined.

I took my sheet pan and covered it with aluminum foil and sprayed it with baking spray so no cookies stuck.

I took a tablespoon size of the batter for each cookie and made sure I left room for spreading.

Then, I took a bunch of M&M's for each cookie and pressed them into each of them.

The batter is too sticky to roll in the candies.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.

Let 'em cool for as long as you can stand it, and then munch away.


OMNOMNOM  YUMMY!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy! I think I would have popped one of those sucker in my mouth straight out of the oven. Who cares about a burned tongue anyways? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so at work today I wanted some candy and some chips real bad... and we just so happen to be selling both for charity. the issue being that I had no cash. so I of course had no candy or chips, right? definitely not. I wrote an IOU to the charity and smashed both the chips and the candy. I am so shamelessly fat. sigh. AND I have no cute little baby about to pop out of me.. just a fat fat fatty belly button...

    that just went to a whole other level... lmao sorry buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way these look with the M&Ms on top! I'm going to have to remember this next time I bake! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! And you have amazing willpower. No way would a 1/2 bag of M&Ms last in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be on your doorstep in 2 seconds...

    M&M cookies are my weakness! Unfortunately, but not so unfortunately, my coworkers know this and ALWAYS bring some in. It's surprising that I'm not the size of a house! They're the best when they're still warm and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are definitely nesting because these cookies look amazing!! it would be hard to let them cool without being tempted to eat them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest follower here! Those cookies look so good! I can't wait to try them! Thanks for the recipe!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)