Image Map

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hi there!

This blog has definitely been on the back burner for a long time now. I guess it just took me a while to convince myself that there has to be at least 1 person out there in this big world that would enjoy reading my thoughts…or at least I hope there is. Well, maybe I’ll have to do some convincing for you guys to keep on reading my daily posts, so here it goes…
WELCOME TO MY SWEEET LIFE!
My name is Alicia Marie, I’m 23 years old, married to my best friend, and expecting our first little one in just 2 more months! And before you think it, I’ll just come out and say it, yes I’m young but if anyone is capable of being a young mama, it’s me! I’ve been known as the “old lady” all my life simply for my mature nature, and my amazing ability to gossip with all the older women from the early age of 6. I couldn’t be more happy or excited for this next chapter in my life!

15 weeks pregnant back in May, I'm sliiiightly bigger now, ok HUGER is more like it.

me, gnawing on my husband's elbow, completely normal.
And speaking of my hubby, let’s introduce him now! Laz is goofy, sweet, annoying, and loveable all at once, I really couldn’t ask for a better partner in life. We met at work and had the typical love story of the outside worker (him) falling for the secretary (me), you guys know how it goes. But seriously, we went on one crazy date on a random stormy night and literally never left each other’s side since. Married life is amazing at all times! Ok, maybe not, but his jokes that never make any sense, and his big, squinty-eyed smile somehow makes my days much sweeeter!

look. at. that. SMILE. :)
Christmas morning 2011, definitely my favorite picture of us.
So let’s get back to what we’re all really interested in, ME! (heh, yea right) I’ll just give you some basic information on me:
-I’m severely impatient. Seriously, from commercials to doctor’s waiting rooms, I just can’t stand waiting around wasting even a few minutes of my day.
-I LOOOVE Hello Kitty, to the point where I have her little red bow tattooed behind my right ear. Yea, I bet you guys didn’t think I’d be that cool, huh? (I actually have 4 tattoos in total)
-I might possibly have OCD. Everything in our little apartment needs to be in its specific place at all times. I doubt it’s too serious, but at least it keeps our home clean.
-I don’t obtain the ability to grow my hair past my chin. I think this goes back to my impatience, but I really can’t deal with long hair, and the last time I did was my senior year of high school. I have too much hair, it’s too thick to manage, and I just can’t do it ok?! But we’ll get into that a little more tomorrow…
-I have a very loud family. Which makes me loud. And sarcastic. Ok, maybe they weren’t the reason I became so sarcastic, but I have to place the blame on SOMEONE, right? Right!
-I wish I could shop every single day of my life, for bags, makeup, clothes, shoes, all of it! And if money wasn’t an issue I would, but let’s be honest here, it is for most of us. So when I do let myself shop I do it the best way I can, with coupons, discount codes, or free goodies with purchases! Anyway I can make myself feel less guilty for a little splurge, the better.
Alrighty, so those are a few random facts about this ‘lil lady right here. You guys can look forward to random posts about events going on in my life, my pregnancy and the future babe! Definitely fashion and makeup themed posts, either from my current loves and loathes, to sales I’ve found, hauls I’ve purchased, wish-lists, and tutorials I’ve made. I’ll even probably throw in some DIY crafts and/or decorating ideas, and some yummy recipes I love to cook or bake. And I love using pictures in my posts, since I’m a very visual person myself, I figure everyone likes a little break from all these words. I hope y’all enjoyed this first post and maybe even stick around for some more of my sweeet life!
<3 Alicia Marie

ps: sorry for being such a chatty-cathy in this first post...can you tell I'm super excited for this blog? yea, you got the point.

8 comments:

  1. First I just want to say thank you so much for your sweet comment. That seriously made my day! You are such a sweetheart! Second, so glad I'm your first follower :) I feel special! Third, congrats on the babe! That is so exciting!! I can't wait to be momma some day so I'm going to live through you for now :). Can't wait to keep on reading! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! thanks soo much, it means a lot that you're following me at all, not to mention being my 1st follower. :D

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blog land! Thanks for coming by my blog! Just signed up to follow you! I have a loud family too. I'm such a loud mouth...I hate it yet love it at the same time. Congrats on the pregnancy! How exciting! Hope to see you around Messy.Dirty.Hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I could shop every darn day too, you're not alone! Congratulations on your little babe! I love babes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ok good to know. ;) Thank you me too, I'm pretty excited!

      Delete
  4. hey there!! thanks for stopping by my blog :) im your newest follower! sooo excited for you & the journey you are about to embark on! congrats on your new little one - so excited to read more about it!
    xoxo hugs!
    ellen
    thishive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks sooo much, you're sweet! Glad to have you reading along. :) I might sound a little slow now, but I don't see you following me on my list of followers...does it take a while to update or did you do it by email? I'm still getting used to this place! :P

      Delete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)