Image Map

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What a weekend!

Sorry for the late weekend update guys! My work day yesterday was quite hectic, and then after I got home to 3 mountains of clothes to wash. Needless to say I had a doozy of a day yesterday. But this weekend was amazing enough to not care about a yucky Monday!

My bestest friend ever in the whole wide world, or as we refer to each other, my "wife" Jess came to visit for the weekend! Her beau Brett joined her, and they flew down Saturday morning and returned home Sunday night. It was waaaaay too short of a trip, but the airlines really screwed her over, and those few hours were all she could get out of her original week long vacation. Spirit Airlines, if you're reading this, YOU SUCK!!!

So we did as we could in the little time that we had all together. We had Denny's 2 times within the 2 days they stayed with us, since they don't exist by their homes. We spent a few hours at the beach for a little sun, or a lot of sun, and were attacked by some very tiny, yet annoying fish, who wouldn't stop biting at our feet. We decided to spend some time bothering my parents, since Jess is close with them, and slashed around the pool a bit too, while Brett did an impressive dolphin impersonation. We ate a yummy dinner the boys couldn't shut up about, literally they were raving about their food with their mouths overflowing with pasta. We all got extremely burnt because that sunblock I bought was useless, dumb aerosol cans. We spent hours people watching/gawking at the huge mall over by our house, and of course did a little shopping. We grabbed delicious fruit smoothies and more food because we're eaters and not ashamed of it! And then the sad part came and we had to return them to the airport. :(

We didn't take many pictures, with my whale status and all, but here are a few good ones:

The boys.

They win the cutest couple award for sure.

wives<3

My husband can be quite creepy sometimes. Prime example.

He got that for free! I'm so proud.


I really love my best friend. No matter the time or distance we spent apart, once we get reunited it's like we were never apart in the first place. And her boyfriend Brett is hysterical (this was the first time we met). Seriously, I don't I stopped laughing the entire weekend. And the fact that Laz and him got along made me and Jess super happy. We can't wait until they visit us again reeeeal soon!

<3 Alicia Marie

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that about your bestest friends? No matter how long it's been since you've last seen them, you pick right back up where you left off. I'm glad you had a great weekend lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)