Image Map

Friday, July 27, 2012

Ulta Haul!

So Tuesday, after my routine check up at the baby doctor, I talked my hubby into taking me to Ulta for a quick shopping trip. I got an email saying that you’d get 20% off your entire purchase through July 28th, and there were few things I needed, or maybe just really wanted, and figured this is was a good time to pick ‘em up! As you’ll all learn here quite soon, I LOVE a good coupon. So here’s what I got…

First, I discovered the other day I don’t have any cute or useful makeup bags, so I saw this sweeet little set in the clearance section. There’s a big clear pouch, a medium-sized fabric pouch, and a tiny plastic pouch…all will be great for everyday or travel use, and they look so summery!

Next I’ve been eyeing this extra soft bronzing brush by Ecotools for about a century now, or at least it felt that way. I use it to blend all my face powders together to get a more “polished” look, works great.


This was the hair dye I bought for after my haircut on Wednesday. I have to use an ash based color since my hair has hidden red highlights in it, and I pull so brassy if I use anything else. Plus this box came with a free sample of L’OREAL’s sulfate free shampoo, and I love sample sized things. I swear I’m such a sucker.

Next, some good sunscreen, which is not a normal purchase of mine. I know, I'm a badddd girl. I’m not known for my smarts when it comes to protecting myself from the sun, and believe me you'd be glad I spared you all the gruesome pictures of my sun poisoning 3 years ago. But we are heading to the beach this weekend, and it’s supposed to be super sunny, so being a good wife/mama, I decided to protect us all. And this is supposed to cool you off as you spray it on, we’ll see how that works out.


Then, this next product got some rather extensive research done on it with many YouTube videos watched before I took the plunge and purchased it. It’s the Fake Bake Flawless self-tanning liquid. I’m thinking about making this into a tutorial post for you guys, to see how it works. I’ve seen a bunch of videos showing it work really nice, even, and natural looking, so I’m excited!

These last little guys are something for the babe’s nursery. The colors are going to be turquoise, pink, and green, so when I saw these in the clearance section I had to snag them up! I figure I could use them to organize little things. :)

So that was my haul. I don’t think it was all that big, but then again I had to stop myself from going crazy up by the register where they have all the tiny sized products, and again over by the Essie nail polishes. Next time...and oh yes, there will be a next time!
<3 Alicia Marie

4 comments:

  1. i love Ulta. before they put one in my town, I had to drive 30 minutes in either direction to pick up my urban decay eyelid primer or other make-up essentials, and sephora was even further. but now that they are in my town, it is not good for my bank account. love your Ulta haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love it and since I can spend so much I feel better having a coupon to use. haha Your blog is so fun, I'm following you now so follow me too! :)

      Delete
  2. There isn't an Ulta near me, but I finally went to one for the first time in years this past weekend! My boyfriend and I were up in Sonoma County and as soon as I laid my eyes on it, I demanded we stop (that said, there's a Sephora a mile from me, and I go there all the time). I managed to escape Ulta only having bought nail polish, but if I'd had your coupon, I would have done a lot more damage! I'm dying to know how that fake bake works--please let us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove Ulta so much because it's like an amazing drugstore and sephora combined, so you can always find what you need. And you should be proud of yourself you only left with 1 nail polish, that'd never happen to me! HAHA What was the color? And yes, once I try it out I'll do a review on the Fake Bake. :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)