Image Map

Thursday, July 26, 2012

This is a hairy situation…

(That was a bad title...I'll admit it and apologize now.)
The best way to explain me and my hair’s situation is a “love-hate relationship”. One day I’ll love it, the volume, color, bounce, shine, everything…and then the next 3 days will be horrendous and I end up looking like a lion. It’s too thick, wavy, frizzy, and flat for me to control. Especially in Southern Florida's humid weather, no thank you. So yesterday I went under the scissors and chopped it off. Again. I really tried to grow it out for my husband’s sake, but let’s face it, he’s stuck with me no matter the hairstyle I have on my head.  MUAHAHA! (that's a creepy evil laugh, obviously) But really, he actually fell for me when I had a pixie cut, and if that’s not love I don’t know what is.
So here’s some before pictures of how long I actually made it to and what my everyday hair looked like just to deal with it…


Pretty straight hair that took me 1hr15mins to do...
oh and that basketball I carry around under my shirts lately.

What I ended up looking like by the end of the day.
I'd put up the wavy-moussey mess in a tiny ponytail to have these odd sideburns...sexxxy no?

Yesterday at work, the morning of the cut. I love a bad hair day to really get me excited for a new hair cut!!
Each side is doing something different, ugh.

And the after! Ohhhh! Ahhhhh! SHORT! I love it. I know I have a big face, but I also think that works in my favor and I can pull off about any cut I try. Or at least that’s what I’ve been told...


YAY for sweeet new hair and a sleepy face! :)
So what do you guys think? Yay or Nay? Have you guys ever just gave in and chopped off your hair? How’d that work out for you?
<3 Alicia Marie

12 comments:

  1. You are one fine hairstylist if you can turn your hair into that smooth and sophisticated look. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl - thanks for dropping by my blog! Crazy that we almost have the same name :) I think your new hair looks fantastic, I used to chop all of my hair off at once, but I'm too much of a scaredy cat now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, pretty names if I do say so myself. ;) and thank youuu!

      Delete
  3. So cute! You can totally pull off short hair. I recently discovered a hair product I'm obsessed with: Dove Argon Oil Detangler. GET IT! It makes my hair so soft and silky and helps tremendously with the frizz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I might have to try that...I still don't have the style down cause I'm lacking products. I tried to follow you but it's giving me a problem. :/

      Delete
  4. I can't believe it takes you and hour and 15 to do your hair. I would go crazy! But gurrrllll, you rock that short hair! I could never pull that off with my weirdly skinny face. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gone really short before, and rarely does my hair ever even get shoulder length. But most of the time I learn to accept the fact that I'm just born to have big hair--even when it's short it's still big! :P I like your new cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your new haircut! so so so cute :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)