Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Product Fails!

So sometimes I'll be watching TV, and see a sparkly new product I don't have hidden in my huge stash under our sick in the bathroom, and think...
"WHY NOT?! MUST TRY NOW! GRRR!@!"
Or something along those lines.
 
And so, I make my way to Walmart/Walgreens/CVS/Target to get said product. And suprisingly most of the time they work out, I'm like "SCORE!!"
 
And then there are those times, when I try it out for a few days, weeks, to realize...
IT BLOWS.
So disappointing.
 
So I figured I'd share with you a few products I've come to try, and loathe. As they either sit under my sink collecting dust, or get returned because I hate wasting money of failure items.
 
#1: Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser:
Oh baby, was I excited when I first saw this commercial! My face turns into a greasy mess by 9:00am, thank you Italian genes, and I literally try any product that claims it will help control that oil. So I buy this, give it about 1 week and a half, and realize IT BLOWS. I started to break out all over my chin, and it did nothing to help my oiliness. My husband even commented that it looked like it just swirled around my makeup instead of cleaning it off. The man I have to remind to wash his hair noticed that, so obviously this product was a fail.

#2 Vaseline Mini Lip Therapy Tub:
I'm a sucker for any product up by the register, except candy, I don't like spending money on candy, gum yes, chocolate no, I don't know why. Moving on...this little guy is seriosuly mini and adorable, which is why I picked it up to try. The next reason was because it was for my lips, and I'm a serious lip product junkie. I figured I could use this at night to wake up with baby butt soft lips, but no, it didn't work. It left my lips very waxy when I applied it, then very sticky and dry in the morning. TOTALLY BLOWS.
I also realized I like either a medicated or just mint-infused lip treatment for at night, and this was just blah, so it's a no-go for me...could be a great cuticle cream though.

#3 Tresemme Dry Shampoo:

I should've been smarter and known this was going to be a failure product right from the beginning. I hate dry shampoos, always have, and I believe always will. For the true reason being that I have to wake up with a shower everyday, and I can't just wash my body and leave my hair dirty and dry. I've tried it and it does me no good. But me being the silly girl I am, I jumped on the dry-shampoo-2nd-day-hair-band-wagon after seeing the commercial for this particular product. I also tried this brand because I enjoy Tresemme products, like their hairpsrays, and especially their prices. Well, I was disappointed to say the least. I used it and literally looked like I sprinkled a bottle of baby powder on my head, that's how chalky it looked on my hair. Then it just did nothing for oil absorbtion, because like my face, my hair gets super greasy too, hence the morning shower. I didn't look like I just left the salon at all, and so
IT BLOWS.


And that concludes my list of product fails for today. Y'all might not agree with any of these, but that's why they make so many different products out there...to make us all waste our money and bitch about something. ;)

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. We definately need to know what doesnt work so thanks for sharing! I get that with lip creams sometimes they either slide right off or go all pasty ... hard to find one that feels nice looks nice and tastes nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing with the Vaseline! It's itty bittiness next to the register hooked me. It was way too waxy for me too, but if you use like a microscopic amount it's okay. But I'm serious, you have to perfect the amount you use which is ridic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here's the thing... I love dry shampoo when my hair is like days dirty and I'm trying to do a pony tail. Listen... I'm quite the lazy bitch and it lets me slide a day or two more :) But I have a really expensive brand, the Tresemme brand one didn't work for me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are some of my favorite products (minus the face wash) I use the dry shampoo all the time... and Vaseline lip therapy. Although, I do like it Aquaphor a lot more -- I think it's less waxy & sticky! I think the dry shampoo is hit or miss with each different hair type & color. I've used several and this one works for me, but it seems I am the only person... Better luck finding the products that work best for you!! it can be a tough search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you don't like dry shampoo! It's my lifesaver for those days I throw my hair in a pony or braid! But I also hated the Tresemme one. I bought one from Oscar Blandi once that I LOVED! But it was also almost $30. In my more mature, money saving days, I just can't bring myself to do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you didnt like the Vaseline lip therapy one, try the vaseline lip therapy but the cocoa butter one. It smells and taste like vanilla and I am absolutely in love with it. As for dry shampoos I tried It once but was to scared to try it again because since My hair is black, even if I rub it in hard enough the white powder still shows through!

    <33333

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear by Batiste dry shampoo. On those mornings when I hit snooze way too many times and then don't have time to wash, blow dry and straighten my hair, the Batiste bottle gets whipped out and I end up with an awesome, grease-free messy bun. I was sure I was never going to like dry shampoo, but the batiste brand did it for me.

    I get it for cheap at winners/homsense, which for you might be tjmaxx/marshalls? You could try that, if you still want to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! Definitely a different take from the usual posts I see of the products girls love. I haven't tried dry shampoo yet but feel like I should since I kind of hate showering. Thanks for the tip though, I guess I'll just keep it to the regular shampoo! Just found your blog and have enjoyed getting to know. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing these product fails so i can steer clear of them. i haven't tried any dry shampoos yet, not sure i really want to and then i would have thought the clean and clear product would have been a success! bummer to hear the results

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me laughing out loud! I tried the dry shampoo too, OMG I hated it!!!!! I have been afraid to try another brand of dry shampoo out of fear they are all like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought the tiny Vaseline because I thought it was sooo cute. I haven't used it yet but I just like how tiny it is. I will probably bring it with my when I travel since it has many uses.

    Tresemme dry shampoo, I agree with you, it's a big fail. As much as I like the scent of it, I have dark hair and it sprays on white. Not good in my eyes.

    I really like it when bloggers do a product fail post because it's a huge warning for me. So thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)