Image Map

Monday, September 3, 2012

YAY for a 3-day weekend!

This was yesterday's update, but I linked up today...So for everyone who didn't get to read it here ya go!

  
I couldn't have been happier waking up my husband for work, knowing I didn't have to join him. Sounds cruel, but he only works a  half day, at the most, and gets paid overtime plus holiday since it's Labor Day. So hubby will have a nice paycheck this week. ;)
 
So let's recap now with Sami's Shenanigans and:

Friday after work, I ran over with my enormous ankles to get a pedicure. Just what the swollen feet ordered! I got Essie's Knockout Pout put on my toes, in celebration for my baby shower on Saturday! Laz picked me up after, and we headed over to the clubhouse where the party was being thrown, to help with the last minute set up. Laz, my mom, and her friends basically put the whole party together before I even got there, and it looked great!
 
I woke up lat Saturday morning, with enough time to get ready, and get Laz moving when he got home from work. Then we picked up some food that was ordered for the party, and started the festivities!

Me and the baby all dressed up.

The best balloons EVER!

My "Wishing Well" my parents and their friends made from scratch.





 And since most people I come across in Florida don't know what a "Wishing Well" is, I'll tell y'all just in case. It's where you put little extra goodie presents for the mommy-to-be, like wipes, diapers, pacifiers, bibs...all the little stuff. Most women do them for their bridal showers too. And no, it doesn't have to be an actual well, but my parents and friends are crazy and talented and did this just for me. :)

My Aunt/Godmother, Dad, and Mom.

Laz, Me, and my In-Laws.

The cake and favors.

My favorite lady Noreen, she's a close family friend and we work together.

Showing off my giraffe earring my wifey gave me, perfect for the party!

Baby swing from my In-Laws.

Her first bathing suit, a giraffe bikini with pink bows!!!!!!

She'll be rolling in style soon enough!

Cutting my yummy cake!

Mommy and Daddy to be!

I LOVE HIM.

Bill, Noreen's husband...and I finally beat him!

About to let the balloons go.........

........................

...........................

............WOOO! Right for the trees! :)
Sorry for all the pictures, but that was actually cutting it down a lot. In most of them I had some scary, mid-sentence mouth going on, or about 3 chins, so it wasn't that hard to chose the best ones. I'll show y'all some more of my gifts during the week, it was crazy how much I received from such a small group of friends. Laz and I are extremely grateful for everyone's generosity and love that went into to putting this adorable party together.

And for yesterday, Sunday, we took it easy. I couldn't sleep so I stayed up as Laz went off to work and I started watching a marathon of The Hills, I don't care, I still love that show, and Justin Bobby.
Judge all you want people!!!!
Then Laz came home, and I put him to work sweeping and mopping the floors, cause the baby doesn't like those chores. ;) And he even offered to put together her playpen since I'm getting into countdown mode and want everything set up like, last week. It's adorable! And where she'll be sleeping until we move out in January when our lease is up. It even has a changing table and diaper organizer attached, so pictures of that soon too! Afterwards we headed to our friends house with my parents for a BBQ and the men played poker. Then the uncomfortableness settled in and it was time to put this preggo lady to bed. 

Today all we want to do is watch movies on the couch to enjoy our last day of this long weekend, yay! We have The Lorax, Safe, and Think Like a Man...good job hubby!

I hope you all take a lazy day, or a fun day, to finish up this long weekend, and the summer, right! :)

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. You look great momma! Looks like your shower was amazeballs! Cant wait to hear about all your presents! And who in their right mind doesn't like The Hills! I still wish it was on tv :) Enjoy your Labor Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!! looks like a great party!! so excited for your little girl to arrive in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby shower :) Hope your week is starting off well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah how fun! You look so cute! Love the wishing well idea, so sweet that they made it for you! Thanks for linking up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia your baby shower looked like so much fun! Laz looks hilarious with the tiara! I can not believe they did the well from scratch! I know who to call when I decide to have babies of my own lol! Im so happy you had a great time this weekend <3

    oh and ps. your ankles do not look swollen! You look fabulous! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are darling!! i love your baby shower, you and your husband are so stinkin cute together and i love re-runs of the hills too totally could do a marathon of that show

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you look so pretty, and look at all that pink! Congrats on the baby!

    Stopping by from the Weekend Update link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wishing well is just too freakin' cute. So is the giraffe balloon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so adorable!! And what a great idea to have a wishing well!! Literally. ;) What an awesome thing to do for y'all! :) Great pics (and you can never have to many...its your blog...post as many as you want!) Hope you have a great rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is seriously so lovely :) how great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loooooooooooove the theme!!! BEFORE I found out I was having a boy, I was set on choosing that theme for my little girl! then he turned out to be a boy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're adorable!! good luck with your baby girl ;)

    id love to follow each other!

    xxo,

    www.richlittle-poorgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the "wishing well." I've never heard of that. I didn't have a baby shower, but I'm in the midst of planning one for my best friend. I may need to borrow that idea. Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute party!! And you looked great!

    When I got my appendix removed, I was stuck in bed forever so I started watching the Hills also! It's totally addictive. I couldn't put it down - no judging from this girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)