Image Map

Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Update

So I hope you all saw/read/enjoyed my last post about all the wonderful gifts we receved from our baby shower, if not click it peoples!
 
As for the crazy happenings from this weekend, I'll be sharing them with y'all through:
 
 
Thanks to the adorable Sami's Shenanigans!
 
Ok, so let's get this preggo brain in rewind, and see if I can remember what I did this weekend...and let me tell you, my brain can hardly remember what was for breakfast, even if I just finished eating it, no joke.
 
So Friday, we finished up our short week of work, which felt more like a looong week from hell. Laundry was done, freeze-n-bake cookies were popped in the oven, Project X was watched, and then my husband became a whining 16 year old wishing he could throw a crazy party like that. Really hunny? How about you just rub my feet and cuddle with me at 10:30pm til I fall asleep.
Way better, no?
 
Saturday started at 8:30am trying to get Laz out of bed to get breakfast, but not before we stopped so I could get my iced pumpkin coffee fix at Dunkin' Donuts. Sorry everyone, but DD does it better for me than Starbucks, it's probably because their's is less spiced and easier on my wallet. From breakfast *we picked up my parents* to start our crazy errand day. Which consisted of a WIC appointment, shopping at the Carters and Gap outlets, eating lunch at Flannigans, heading over to the hospital to pre-register (and to finally get it done after roaming around to 3 different places in the hospital, since no one knows where to send the pregnant girl), Babies 'R Us to use up most of our giftcards to get the rest of our little one's essentials, over to Laz's parent's house to say hi and get some more gifts that were given to us from family friends, back to Babies 'R Us to return the diaper pale I bought before I received it 20 minutes later as a gift, then one last quick stop at our favorite Cuban resturant because baby wanted some pasteries. We finally finished up our day at 9pm. Ridiculous. But we have to get all this run-around stuff done on the weekends, because after work I cook, clean up a bit, try to hang out with my hubby, and pass out.
 
**And just as a side note, I love my parents, and how incredibley supportive they've been to both me and Laz throughout all of this. Without my Mom right now I'd be lost...and without my Dad right now Laz would lose his BFF. Seriously, I don't think they talked to my Mom or I for more than 15 minutes for the whole day...they were both in their own little weirdo-boy-world making fun of each other, dancing and singing in the car, wondering what we were complaining about in the backseat. It was so annoying, but deep down it makes me really happy that they get a long so well. No guy has ever been so amazing with my family but Laz, and I'm so grateful for that because my family is my life.**
 
Alrighty, so Sunday was better. Not so crazy. Not so much to do. Laz woke me up at 9:30am flicking and poking my lips, like he always does...it soooo aggrivating cute. He headed over to Dunkin' Donuts like a good husband and picked up some decaf iced pumpkin coffee for me...which made up for waking me up. I cleaned up a bit and we decided to go to my parents for some football and pasta, a tradition of my family that Laz jumped right into. But of course my preggo brain made a detour for us before we could just relax.  I completely "lost" the dress I bought at the Gap outlet the day before, the only thing I bought for myself. To make this short, I go back to the store to tell them, they didn't believe me, watched the camera and saw them bag the dress, I left sad that I can't remember anything anymore, and then found it at my Mom's house in my old closet where I've been storing clothes I'm buying for after the baby. Yep, so annoying. Anywayssss, we ate a bunch, and started prewashing all the babies clothes and blankets and washcloths, and towels. Then, when we returned home after dinner, I cleaned out of closet to fit the baby's cubby-hole bookcase for all her things, which will be moved in this week.
 
It felt good to have such a productive weekend, with the help I received. I'm a lucky 'lil lady.
 
Now to finish this Monday with some much needed food shopping...hopefully my ankles don't turn into melons like they did on Saturday. Not so cute.
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. glad you found your dress- that would have sucked if you didn't!

    hope your ankles do better today, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your weekends sound as CRAZY as mine! I hate that it feels like we have soooooooo much to do in just TWO days, it makes it go by WAY too fast AND it makes me feel like I'm right back to work!! can't a pregnant lady get a couple days off of work, I'm soooooooo glad I decided to take at LEAST a couple of weeks off before the baby comes, so me and my puppies can relax before he pops out (there MIGHT be some wishful thinking there) but I can hope right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, sounds like a crazy weekend!!! Glad you found your dress - I have those moments all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great weekend :) If we had a DD around, I'd definitely make sure to try it!

    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)