Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2012

Hello there ladies!

Another week has started, which means another weekend flew by before I knew it. I could really use one of those long weekends right about now, but that’ll have to wait for a few more weeks til Labor Day. Anywhooooo...
Friday wasn’t so exciting. After work we went to visit Laz’s mom for a quick minute. We never really stay too long. Just long enough for a kiss hello, questions about the baby and my hair, and a kiss goodbye. Then we ate dinner at Taco Bell, for about 90 minutes. We felt like teenagers just hanging out in a booth, eating, talking, goofing around…it was actually kinda fun. Yea, I know we’re losers.
This was Laz’s weekend to work, so Saturday when he got home we headed to my parents house. He spent the day at the movies with my dad and saw Total Recall, while my mom and I headed over to the outlets and Kohls for some shopping during tax free weekend. I found a few cute things at Kohls, 2 pairs of sandals, 3 tanks, and bought Laz a new bright purple tshirt and a bathing suit, all good deals too. That night I baked some banana bread before our overly-ripened bananas turned to dirt in our fridge (I’ll be posting that yummy recipe tomorrow!) and he put on Tangled to watch. I got through the first adorable 30 minutes before passing out. :( I’ll have to watch the rest this week, because if Laz liked a Disney cartoon, it must’ve been awesome!


Pascal was my favorite...of what I saw at least.
 Sunday we met my parents and grandparents at a baby super store to pick out the little one’s crib! That’s my grandparent’s gift to us, and I couldn’t be more happy with the one we picked out…ok, I picked out and Laz agreed to. It’s so cute and girly, and is a convertible crib which will transform into a toddler bed, then into a full sized bed, so she’ll get many years use out of it. The changing table even turns into a bed side table. Neat right?! I tend to get a little spoiled by my grandparents (my mom’s parents), and I’m super grateful for their very generous gift to their first great-grandchild. Then Laz and I walked the mall, saw The Watch, which was pretty funny, but I laughed more at Laz laughing at the movie than the actual movie. Then this massive headache took over me and had to go home to lay down for the rest of the night. Cereal and pb&j’s were for dinner, so you obviously know I wasn’t feeling too hot.

I love the headboard and feet details, so sweeet!



So yea, that was my weekend. Thrilling, huh?! Not quite, but what can I do about it. I’m sure I’ll miss these quiet weekends soon enough.

<3 Alicia Marie

9 comments:

  1. that crib is so cute great pick and how nice of your grandparents to give you with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that crib is fabulous! Nice pick! Oh, and Tangled is pretty cute, you definitely need to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya, thank ya! Yea, I'm definitely finishing it this week, she's the cutest Disney character they've made in a while.

      Delete
  3. Tangled is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loooooooove the crib!!looks so sturdy and so nice! :) can't wait to see the completely done nursery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It won't be til we're out of our apartment in January, she'll be bunking with us til then, but it'll be cute I can guarantee it!! ;)

      Delete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)