Image Map

Monday, August 13, 2012

Where have I been?!

Whoa. So I figured out that a 3 day weekend doesn't last any longer than a normal 2 day weekend...soooo sad. But it was a nice weekend at least. There was a lot of sleeping in and eating, which this pregnant 'lil lady likes to do lately. The one exciting event happened Friday morning, which was the real reason behind our 3 day weekend...

My husband became an official US Citizen! :) He was born and raised in Cuba until he came to Miami when he was 11 years old and has been a resident every since. He decided this year to apply, study, and earn his citizenship, and I was super proud of him for doing that! The ceremony was very nice and we got some pictures of my new proud-to-be-an-American hubby!



Our little American family!

Out for dinner to celebrate!


As for the rest of our weekend, it was pretty low key. We slept in both mornings til 10:30am, which was amazing! We watched a bunch of tv, including the 2nd Diary of a Wimpy Kid since I wanted to see the 3rd one Sunday, but unfortunately never got to see...and yes we love those little kid movies, I think they're hilarious. I got a long overdue pedicure, leaving me with pretty red toenails. We ate a huge tray of nachos Saturday night, and went over my grandparent's house for a delicious beef stew Sunday night. I'd say it was a relaxing weekend we both needed.

And after all this ignoring being away from my blog, I come back to a sweeet nomination for a Liebster Award by Selena over at her blog The Heights Life!! I'm shocked and thankful that I've been seen as a "up-and-coming" blogger for someone with 200 and under followers! So YAY and THANK YOU SELENA!!! :)



RULES!
Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
Answer the 11 questions that are tagged for them.
And make up 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.


11 FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. My name was originally going to be Annalicia, but my mom decided to drop the Ann, thank goodness.
2. I have 1 sibling, a brother named Garrett, who is 18 months younger than me...and I call Stinky-lu, nice nickname huh?
3. I'm seriously afraid of the ocean and all that inhabits it, but I will go in up to my shoulders to cool off on a hot day.
4. I always rather be freezing wrapped up in 4 blankets, than be hot and sticky.
5. I always answered the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" with homemaker.
6. I love to bake and wish I had more time, and energy, to do it.
7. I'm petrified to think I might not lose this baby weight.
8. But I'm not nervous or scared at all about being a young mama.
9. I was held down and tickled by all my older cousins until I would fart when I was a little girl...they were cruel, and still bring that up to torment me.
10. I'm very close to my mom, she's always been and always will be my best friend.
11. I look a lot like my dad, and when he was 17 years old he dressed up as a blond girl for Halloween (he's pretty weird) and everyone said that was a glimpse for him to see me, his future daughter.
MY TAGGED QUESTIONS:
1. What let you to start blogging? an easy, creative outlet during a busy time in my life.
2. Any pets? 1 cat named Bella and 1 Morkie named Ross
3. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas because it's such a special time of year, the music, the movies, the stories, the family time, it's all perfect. I can't wait to have my little girl around for this Christmas!
4. Favorite type of music? Country.
5. Facebook or Twitter? Neither. I never really got into them, so I deactivated them a long time ago.
6. What are some of your hobbies? Baking, I really love cupcakes and sharing them with people.
7. What is your favorite thing about the summer? The crazy thunderstorms.
8. What do you love most about where you live? The weather, Miami is perfect during the Fall, Winter, and Spring...then unbearable in the Summer.
9. If you could jump on a plane today where would you go? New Jersey to visit my brother and best friend, and to show Laz around my old stomping grounds.
10. What is your dream job? Owning my own bakery.
11. Who do you look up to and why? My mom. She's a tough lady, and can pretty much deal with anything.

MY NOMINEES:
The Management @A Prince and Prozac 

MY QUESTIONS: 
1. What's your favorite meal?
2. What's your favorite song to sing/dance to in the car?
3. Ice cream or Frozen yogurt?
4. What's been your best birthday so far?
5. Who is your favorite family member?
6. Who was your first celebrity crush?
7. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
8. Dream vacation spot?
9. What's your favorite movie?
10. Biggest accomplishment so far?
11. What kind of life do you wish to have in 10 years? 

I hope you girls love being nominated like I do!! :)

<3 Alicia Marie 

4 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats to your husband!! Cutest little American family around :) Seriously though... you look SO great! And your weekend sounds like it was perfect!

    P.S. I just really want a huge plate of nachos now!! Thank you for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me!:) Congrats to your husband, that's so great!:) Have a great day love!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS to your husband, and thanks so much for nominating me! I just saw this & you wouldn't believe how excited it made me! Woo!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to your husband!! what an exciting time for him becoming a US citizen. I work with people who have filed the citizenship application and it is such an exciting time. and you are so cute with him in that photo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)