Image Map

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yum-Yum & MASH!


Time for my yummy banana bread recipe I baked over the weekend! I got the recipe from Food Network, but tweeked it a little myself, like adding the vanilla and an extra half of a banana since that's what I had. If I had an orange I would've added some zest to this too, I love an orange fresh taste in a lot of my baking goodies. I hope you guys eat it up as fast as me and my family did!
Ingredients:
·         1 cup granulated sugar
·         8 tablespoons margerine, room temperature-ish
      1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
·         2 large eggs
·         3 1/2 ripe bananas
·         1 tablespoon milk
·         1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
·         2 cups all-purpose flour
·         1 teaspoon baking powder
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan.
Cream the sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients slowly, mixing just until flour disappears.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely before slicing.


And obviously I couldn't help myself, and once I saw this link up I just had to join in...I used to play M.A.S.H allll the tiiiime in school, so here it goes:
One random night, my mom won front row tickets to the Justin Bieber concert in Miami, and dragged me along. I might not have been a fan before, but once our eyes met during his first song, we both knew it was love at first sight. He brought me back stage, thought to himself, “Selena who?!”, and proposed right on the spot. I even confessed to him that I was just a poor monkey poop cleaner, but he didn’t care, swept me up in his primer black Mustang, and whisked me away to the closest wedding chapel. We had short reception where I wore a purple dress, then flew in his private jet to our honeymoon in Hawaii. Those were the best 5 weeks of our relationship, where we ended making our first child of 6. When we flew back on his jet, he brought me to our new apartment in LA, and surprised me with my own white Mustang. He then told me I gave him the encouragement he needed to fulfill his lifelong dream of becoming a doctor, and he would no longer make anymore horrible music. And that’s how I saved the world from Justin Bieber. YOU’RE WELCOME!
HAHAHA!! That was too fun. You all should join up on this hilarious link up over at Simply Sarah! 

<3 Alicia Marie

14 comments:

  1. aww yayy! thanks for the shoutout lady!! the link should be back up and running. thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAA! That's hilarious! The Beibs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, finally getting a chance to read your story. LOVE IT!!! haha thank you for saving the world from the beibs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, that story is hilarious!!! Now if only it were real :)

    <3 Amy

    {Giveaway going on now, would love for you to join! amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The part about him singing yes, about us marrying and reproducing, NO THANKS! HAHA

      Delete
  5. That bread sounds fantastic! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story really isn't too bad - and seriously I think I'd prefer a primer black mustang to that mirror-like car he's driving around right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH I seriously know very little about Bieber, and by choice, because if the media had it their way I'd have been swept into his creepy little world a longgg time ago. I just couldn't help save the world from him! ;)

      Delete
  7. Mmmm, YUM! I will totally be making this bread asap!
    LOVED your story! I totally forgot (dang it) or else I totally would've played along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was seriously so delicious! Just join up next week, it was so fun to be 8 years old again. :P

      Delete

I love reading your comments!!! Keep them coming! :)